The Scott Polar Research Institute was founded in 1920, in Cambridge, as a memorial to Captain Robert Falcon Scott and his four companions, who died returning from the South Pole in 1912. The museum holds a collection of artefacts, paintings, drawings, photographs (including cinematographic film, lantern slides, and Daguerreotypes) and other material.
Scott Polar Research Institute
University of Cambridge
Open all year Tue - Sat 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Closed Christmas Day, New Year's Day